Professional Services & Consulting
Shipley Snell represents consulting firms and service providers in a variety of litigation matters. Our clients include companies that provide sophisticated technical, staffing, information technology, and business process support to leaders in various industries, particularly the energy sector. In addition to representing consulting firms in litigation, our attorneys also assist in navigating personnel issues and in preventing litigation.
Our work for consulting firms covers a broad range of issues. We have assisted firms with:
- Claims arising from the start-up of new companies
- Partnership disputes
- Equity and ownership disputes
- Disputes arising from stock distributions
- Contract disputes
- Disagreements over non-compete and employment agreements
Personnel and Employment Issues
Shipley Snell assists companies with employment litigation and advises companies on personnel issues. We have both enforced and defended non-compete and non-solicitation agreements on behalf of our clients, and we understand the sensitive personnel issues that often affect service firms. Our work also includes protecting our clients’ confidential information and trade secrets through agreements and through litigation when necessary.
- Defended several service firm clients against allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets and solicitation of competitors’ employees.
- Resolved equity, partnership, and ownership disputes arising out of the formation of new companies.
- Obtained and defended injunctions based on non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreements.
- Defended a client in a dispute involving an alleged breach of a service agreement and prosecuted fiduciary duty counterclaims.