Technology & Manufacturing
Shipley Snell represents clients that have been manufacturing since the early 1800s as well as clients dealing with cutting-edge advanced technology, biotechnology, and nanotechnology issues.
Our practice extends across many industries, including energy, power generation, shipping and transportation, telecommunications, computers, and healthcare.
A representative sample of our matters includes:
- Represented the purchaser of a state-of-the-art Voice Over IP system in claims against the manufacturer, distributor, and transporter for damages and voiding of warranty.
- Counseled a foreign shipping equipment manufacturer on potential damages claims in American courts for alleged breach of a multimillion-dollar contract.
- Represented a major manufacturer in connection with its voluntary withdrawal from the market of an aerosol tire inflator product and personal injury suits arising out of use of the product.
- Represented a major manufacturer in Lanham Act lawsuits brought by competitors. (See reported decision, IQ Prods. Co. v. Pennzoil Prods. Co., 305 F.3d 368 (5th Cir. 2002).
- Prosecuted claims in international arbitration that a client’s customer misappropriated technical data and information for the development and use of a specialized industrial fuel.
- Defended a client against allegations by a competitor that the client misappropriated trade secrets related to a design and manufacturing process for drilling rigs.
- Defended multiple clients against trade secret misappropriation claims involving customer data and customer lists.
- Defended a manufacturer against trademark and trade secret claims brought by a former employer and competitor.
- Successfully resolved trade secret misappropriation claims against a start-up consulting firm.
- Prosecuted claims for patent infringement of a medical device and defended against claims of patent invalidity.